Posted by Sandi on Monday, November 22, 2010 at 11:12pm.
Hi I need to write these systems of equalities in slope intercept form so I can graph them. 20x+4.5y<=60 and 12x+20y<=60.
y=4 4/9x+ 13 1/3 (I think this is wrong)
- math11Plelase check - Reiny, Monday, November 22, 2010 at 11:39pm
Does your teacher insist that you have the relations in slope y-intercept form?
I will show you an easy way to sketch a graph if they are written in the form
ax + by = c
e.g. your 12x + 20y ≤ 60 or the boundary 12x + 20y = 60
put your pinkie finger over the x term (you let x=0)
what you see is 20y = 60
so in your head , y = 3 ---> the point (0,3), the x-intercept
now put your pinkie finger over the y term (you let y = 0)
what you see is 12x=60
so in your head , x = 5 ---> the point (5,0)
so now you have 2 simple points to graph your boundary.
do the same thing for the first one,
you might want to use your calculator for
4.5y = 60
y = 13 1/3
btw, your equations in the slope y-intercept form should have been
y ≤ - (4 4/9)x + 13 1/3
last one is right
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 8th Grade - I would greatly appreciate it if someone would please be kind ...
- Math - 1. Use point-slope form to write the equation of a line that has a slope ...
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- Math: please help - what is an equation of the line in slope intercept form? m=2...
- algebra/9th grade - decide whether the given ordered pair is a solution of the ...
- Algebra - I have an assignment that asks me to write an equation in slope-...
- math - pls check!!! - Write an equation in point-slope form for the line that ...
- MATH - Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Instructions a. If needed, rewrite the ...
- algebra[please check] - in questions 1 and 2, write an equation of the line in ...
- Algebra 2 - Can someone help me with this equation please? The directions are: ...