Posted by Leanna on Sunday, November 21, 2010 at 9:52am.
We have to find the synonym of the word in bold. I have a few choices but I'm stuck between two..
The words in bold are incumbent upon
the phrase reads:
incumbent upon all officials
Deciding to choose between
a) the duty of
b) the term of office of
12th Grade English - Writeacher, Sunday, November 21, 2010 at 10:27am
I'm not sure I understand, but here goes.
To find synonyms or antonyms for words, use a thesaurus. Here's a good one:
Why are you trying to decide between the two phrases? They don't mean the same as each other. What is it you are trying to say?
12th Grade English - Leanna, Sunday, November 21, 2010 at 11:34am
ok here's what my workbook says
Circle the letter of the best synonym for the word(s) in bold-faced type.
INCUMBENT UPON all officials (incumbent upon is bold-faced..
these are the options
a) the parameters of
b) the duty of
c) the term of office of
d) the puissance of
e) the demagoguery of
i narrowed it down to B and C
12th Grade English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 21, 2010 at 12:45pm
The best answer is B.
An office holder is considered the incumbent. But it's incumbent on them to do their duties.
12th Grade English - Bob, Monday, November 22, 2010 at 5:23am
wow poetry in motion
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Language Arts - Directions: replace the bold faced word with a contraction. 1. ...
- vocabulary - Can someone help me. Exercise 6A circle the letter of the best ...
- Language Arts - 1. Choose the word that defines the word in bold. “Kugler, ...
- Algebra - Round each number to the place value indicated by the digit in bold. A...
- PHYSICS - A proton moves with a velocity of vector v = (6i hat bold - 3j hat ...
- Math - A study determines that 60% of the voters in a town intend to vote for ...
- Please help - Which of the following groups of words in bold is nonrestrictive ...
- Vocabulary Double Check Please - Choose the letter of the best ANTONYM of the ...
- Physics - Consider the two vectors Aarrowbold = 3 i hat bold − 3 j hat ...
- art - Which phrase best describes the paintings of Eugene Delacroix? delicate ...