Posted by mike on Saturday, November 20, 2010 at 4:00pm.
a coffee shop sells a cup of espresso for $2.00 and a cup of cappuccino for 2.50. on friday, rachel sold 30 more cups of cappuccino than espresso, and she sold $178.50 worth of espresso and cappuccino together. how many cups of each were sold?
- ALgebra word problem - Damon, Saturday, November 20, 2010 at 4:22pm
x espresso and y cappuccino
for x ----- 2 x dollars
for y ----- 2.5 y dollars
2x + 2.5 y = 178.5
y = 30 + x
2x + 2.5(30+x) = 178.5
- ALgebra word problem - Jen, Saturday, November 20, 2010 at 4:24pm
Check it by plugging them back into the first equation; it works.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Suppose the central Park Coffee Shop sells a cup of expresso for 2.00 and...
- Algebra 2 - Coffee Express sells three drinks -lattes mochas and cappuccinos. ...
- algebra 2 - Coffee Express sells three drinks -lattes mochas and cappuccinos. ...
- algebra - A coffee shop sells small cups of coffee and large cups of coffee. A ...
- Algebra - A shop sells coffee and donuts. The coffee sells for $4.31 and donuts ...
- Intro Accounting - HELP - 3. Dr. Colin Modella, an music history professor at ...
- Algebra 1 - The debate team needs $240.00 to attend a debate tournament. The ...
- Math Middle School - Please help me solve this challenge problem: I love hot ...
- statistics - The espresso project you are heading up will do well with ...
- MATH MIDDLE SCHOOL - I love chocolate and coffee. I begin by making one cup of ...