Posted by liza on .
A company wants to build a new factory for increased capacity. Using the net present value (NPV) method of capital budgeting, determine the proposal’s appropriateness and economic viability with the following information:
• Building a new factory will increase capacity by 30%.
• The current capacity is $10 million of sales with a 5% profit margin.
• The factory costs $10 million to build.
• The new capacity will meet the company’s needs for 10 years.
• The factory is worth $14 million over 10 years.