Posted by Maddy on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 8:33pm.
Please help this question is from my unit on linear programing and I'm having trouble completing it.
A company manufactures bicycles and tricycles. The total number of frames the company manufactures cannot exceed 80 per month. It takes the company 1 hour to assemble a bicycle and 2 hours to assemble a tricycle. The assembly machine is only available for 100 hours each month. If the company makes a profit of $50 on each bicycle and $70 on each tricycle, determine the number of bicycles and tricycles that will maximize profits each month. Indicate the maximum profit the company can make each month.
This is what I have so far: x=#of bicycles y=#of tricycles
x>=0 y>=0 P=50x +70y
Now I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
math 11 - Damon, Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 8:59pm
b+t </= 80 (frames limit)
b + 2 t </= 100 (machine hour limit)
graph those t on x axis, b on y axis
they cross at
(80-t)+2 t = 100
t = 20
b = 60
look at resulting quadrilateral including axes, must be inside it
so we have three realistic (t,b) points
p = 70 t + 50 b
at those three points
which gives max p?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math (linear programing problem) - Please help this question is from my unit on ...
- math - a company manufactures a toy at a cost of Rm2 per unit and sells them for...
- Algebra - A company manufactures high-end racing bicycles. The total cost to ...
- math - The Math-Is-Fun T-shirt Company manufactures and sells screen-printed t-...
- Algebra 2 - A company manufactures bicycles in 8 different styles. Each style ...
- math - a cycle company make bicycles, tricycles an unicycles. Last week they ...
- math - a company will make $150000 profit if it manufactures 1000000 items and $...
- accounting - "Harris Company manufactures and sells a single product. A ...
- Grade 11 Functions - A small company manufactures a total of x products per week...
- Math Algebra 2 - An electronics company manufactures personal tape players on ...