Posted by whitney on Monday, November 15, 2010 at 1:10pm.
what is the third person singular form of the verb estar?
Re-write the following sentences replacing the underlined direct object with a direct
object pronoun. Remember, the direct object pronoun needs to be placed directly in
front of the conjugated verb. The following is an example:
Sara come una hamburguesa. (Sara eats a hamburger.)
Sara la come. (Sara eats it.)
16. Yo veo las sillas.
17. Maria escucha (listens to) la música.
19. Nosotros levantamos los libros. (We pick up the books.)
20. Ellos hablan el español.
please explain how to do these in a simple way.. i have tried these multiple times and cant get them.
spanish - SraJMcGin, Monday, November 15, 2010 at 1:20pm
Look again at the model.
Sara come una hamburguesa.
(subject + verb + direct object)
When you replace the direct object (una hamburguesa) you must choose betwee these 4 direct- object pronouns: lo, la (singular) los, las (plural)
The direct object must have the same number (singular) and gender (feminine) as the noun. Therefore the ONLY choice is "la"
The sentence rewritten then becomes:
Sara la come. (subject + direct object pronoun + verb.)
Now, you try the sentences above applying the same "rules."
spanish - whitney, Monday, November 15, 2010 at 1:24pm
spanish - SraJMcGin, Monday, November 15, 2010 at 3:52pm
If you don't write out the entire sentence, how will I know you have it all? (No short cuts to learning well!)
I hate to tell you that you missed them all. Can you tell the gender and number of the nouns? That is crucial here. And please don't forget #20.
spanish - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 2:48am
OK. I have come back to check for your answers 4-5 times. It is discouraging to not find them.
spanish - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at 10:17am
3rd person singular of estar = está (with accent mark)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- SPanish!!! - I took this test and these were the only ones i got wrong, but i ...
- spanish - Re-write the following sentences replacing the underlined direct ...
- Spanish - I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS PRONTO!! i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. Re...
- Spanish - I need help with a few Spanish questions. These are the instructions. ...
- english - I have to find out the direct object pronoun and then replace the ...
- French - Translate the sentence you see in to French. We see you. (familiar) ...
- English-Grammar - Identify how the underlined pronoun in each sentence is being ...
- E.L.A. PLEASE CHECK! - Identify the underlined word in the sentence. Write ...
- Language Arts - Write S if the underlined word is a subject pronoun. Write O if ...
- english - Decide if the underlined pronoun in the sentences below is used as a ...