posted by Franco .
I have a few doubts regarding the following questions. Can you help me, please?
1)Provide a definition of "poetry" including its most important elements.
2)Briefly refer to the description of the mirror as provided by Sylvia Plath in her poem "Mirror"? What does the mirror symbolize?
3) Define the word metre, then refer (I need a symonym) to the most common foot in English poetry.
4) What did Emily Dickinson compare the wind's voice to? How did she feel when the wind left?
5) What message of nature does (also did?) Davies want to convey in his poeme "Leisure"?
6) Give a definition of the following literary and musical devices: metaphor, personification and alliteration.
7)We have lunch at school. So have we. OR So do we. The auxiliary is "have" or "do"? Are both possible? The language subjects Correction: the linguistic subjects.
3. Needs to be two sentences or joined by a semicolon in front of "then." Use "name" instead of "refer."
3. Put "To" at the beginning of the first question, not at the end.
5. OK, and use the present tense when writing about literature.
7. If you're writing a question, then use "Do we..." -- but if you're writing a statement, write "We have..."