Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 11:46am.
Can "deaf" be an antonym for "auditory"?
Language Arts - Jen, Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 11:58am
Language Arts - Anonymous, Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 12:20pm
Language Arts - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 12:39pm
Some words don't have real antonyms -- and auditory is one of them. I checked a couple of antonym dictionaries, and didn't find an antonym.
Language Arts - GuruBlue, Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 1:26pm
Noiseless or inaudible.
Language Arts - Nissa, Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 1:44pm
Auditory refers to the entire area of all things relating to sound and hearing, in the same way that "cardiac" refers to all things related the the heart. Think of it like a topic more than a noun, or even a verb. You cannot have an antonym for a topic. "noiseless or inaudible" are antonyms for "loud and audible".
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Sign Language - _____ includes all Deaf and Hard of Hearing people and the ...
- Sign Language - A Hearing person who doesn't sign but works with Deaf people at ...
- Sign Language - Which group within the Deaf Community is comprised of people who...
- Sign Language - Deaf Music is music played by Deaf musicians only*** is music by...
- Sign Language - What is one belief that is shared by most people in Deaf Culture...
- Sign Language - De'VIA artwork was started by hearing people to support Deaf ...
- Language Arts - what is an antonym for rationalize?
- Sign Language - Why do Deaf people educated in Deaf Industries or Deaf schools ...
- Sign Language - Which of the following would be considered a late deadened ...
- Language Arts - Need some help on the 2 sentences below. 1. Are you tired of ...