Posted by Franco on Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 11:03am.
Thank you very much for your corrections!
Can you check these few sentences plese?
1)I get the bus that crosses my village at five to seven.
2) 2016: twenty sixteen OR Two thousand and sixteen.
1805: eighteen oh five OR eighteen hundred and five.
3) She's a teacher. Possible questions: What does she do? What' her job/occupation? BUT not: Who is she? What job does she do?
4) I have never lunch at home AND nOT: I never have lunch?
5) They have Art on Wednesday. But I haven't. OR But I don't.
(Actully, we say "I don't have Art and Not I haven't Art. So and neither are followed by the auxiliary. Which one is the auxiliary in the previous sentence?)
6)I always snack on a salami sandwich.
7) At theback of the classroom there is a coat rack where you can hang your jacket.
8) I stay at home at the weekend (and not: on the weekend?) I never have lunch R I have never lunch at 1.00 pm.
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 11:24am
2. I've heard all those variations. I guess it's a matter of personal preference.
3. What does she do? What's her occupation? What job does she do? -- All are fine.
4. I never have lunch at home.
I have never had lunch at home.
5. They have Art on Wednesday, but I don't.
8. I stay home on weekends. I never have lunch at 1:00 PM.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Thank you very much for your corrections. I stilll need to check these...
- English - 1) 2025 is it only two thousand and twenty-five or could you also say ...
- English - PRINT AND BRING THIS COUPON IN Spend 20$ or more, you get 20% off 10/...
- English - 1. Twenty years is a long time. 2. twenty years is a long period. 3. ...
- English - I left out a few more sentences I'm really doubful about. Thank you ...
- math/algebra - three fourths = seven tenths = two thirds = eleven twentieths = ...
- English - Can you check these sentences for me, please? Thank you very much. 1)...
- English - Thank you very much for your last corrections. Can you please check ...
- English - I urgently need you to check these sentences, please! 1) My favourite ...
- English - Thank you very much for your corrections. These are the very last ...