Posted by MaKenzie Smith on Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 7:16pm.
Solving systems of linear equations in three variables.
Ok so i dont really totally get these problems. Can you help me solve this one? and explain everything please?
- Algebra 2 - bobpursley, Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 7:28pm
put them in standard form (x,y,z)
You can solve these a number of ways, I will show you one.
add 1st and second equations
now multiply equation 2 by three, then add equations 2 and 3.
6x-5y=-4 check that.
now on these two remaining equations, multiply the first by 2, then subtract.
y=2 work back up to find x, then z.
- Algebra 2 - MaKenzie Smith, Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 7:39pm
Ok, this helps a lot, but hold on, i dont get how you got 7y=14? because when i multiply 3x+y=5 by (-2) i get -6x-2y=8. And then when combining that with 6x-5y=-4 i get -7y=4? how did you get 7y=14???
- Algebra 2 - bobpursley, Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 7:43pm
3x+y=5 multiply -2, your way
6x-5y=-4 to get
6x-5y=-4 add to get
- Algebra 2 - MaKenzie Smith, Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 7:46pm
Oh wait, i forgot to multiply the 5 by -2! (idk how i got 8, but watever its not that important) so right you would get y=2.
ok i think i get it now! THANKS!
Answer this Question
- Algebra 2 - Solving Systems of Equations in Three Variables: 3x+3y-z=-3 -2x-3y+...
- Algebra 2 - Solving Systems of Equations in Three Variables: 3x+4y+z=1 x+3y-z=-2...
- Algebra - Solving Linear Equations - Elimination Write whether each of these ...
- to annonymus can you help me with math - How do i solve inequalitites with three...
- Algebra II - Right now we're doing systems of Linear Equations in Three ...
- Algebra - Solving systems of linear equations in 3 variables... 1) 3x-2y+2z=1 2...
- algebra - I do not know how to solve the following systems of linear equations ...
- Algebra - solving linear equations with 3 variables 1) x+y=1300 2) x+2z=1400 3) ...
- math - List advantages and disadvantages comparing and contrasting solving ...
- Math - Solving systems of equations with three variables? What is the solution ...