Posted by barb on Friday, November 12, 2010 at 11:57pm.
I only have 1 hour to get this question answered. Thank you in advance. I need a quadratic equation in the variable x given the solutions:
-7 sqrt 7, and 7 sqrt 7
This needs to be in the standard form of ax^2+bx+c=0.
Can someone please help me with this???? I am so lost!!!!
- PLEASE HELP ME MATH - MathMate, Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 12:48am
For a quadratic equation with given zeroes z1 and z2, the equation is:
In the given case, z1=-7√7 and z2=7√7.
Expand and simplify the resulting expression on the left-hand-side, and equate coefficients of powers x², x and constant term to get the values of a, b and c.
I gave you response to a similar question, except that I forgot the variable x, which should have read:
x² -5√5x -30 = 0
- PLEASE HELP ME MATH - barb, Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 1:00am
I understand, although mathlab checked it wrong and gave me this problem. I SIMPOLY do not understand this when it comes to radicals. And furthermore mathlab has a habit of checking problems wrong when they are indeed right.I understand how to FOIL, I just do not know how to work the radicals, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME!!!! This is due in 1 hour. Thank you so much!!!
- PLEASE HELP ME MATH - bobpursley, Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 7:10am
And you are paying for Mathlab?
- PLEASE HELP ME MATH - Reiny, Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 8:15am
Just follow MathMate instructions and set it as
(x - 7√7)(x+7√7) = 0
looks like the difference of squares pattern, so ...
x^2 - 343 = 0
try that as input
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - solve 2x^2+3x+8=0 and express the solutions in a+bi form. Let's use the ...
- Algebra - I have a question if someone could help, please explain it. Given b...
- math,help,algebra I - I need help can someone help me get unstuck and let me ...
- Algebra-drwls please check! - Posted by Megan on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 3:...
- math calculus please help! - l = lim as x approaches 0 of x/(the square root of...
- Math!!!! - I am getting desperate. Can someone please help me with this and ...
- Math Help please!! - Could someone show me how to solve these problems step by ...
- MATH - I need to simply this equation, but I got stuck. h/(4-sqrt(16+h)) = y ...
- algebra - write a quadratic equation having the given numbers as solutions 6 - ...
- Calculus - Please look at my work below: Solve the initial-value problem. y'' + ...