Posted by mysterychicken on Friday, November 12, 2010 at 6:01pm.
11. Although settlers valued democracy, they often
a. rejected controls over government
b. elected weak legislatures
c. disregarded the rights of minorities
d. failed to vote
12. Jack Kerouac, the author of On The Road, was the
a. pediatrician who urged mothers to stay at home with their young children
b. spiritual leader of the beatniks
c. evangelist who led religious crusades all across the country
d. sociologist who first described the "silent generation"
Umm I know it's not A and C, but I think it's D? Even though I'm not sure if he was a sociologist.
15. By the time NAWSA was formed in 1980, women could
a. vote in local elections
b. vote for President
c. buy and sell property
d. run for national political office
16. All of the following New Deal Agencies still endure today except the
a. Tennessee Valley Authority
b. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
c. Civilian Conservation Corps
d. Securities and Exchange Commission
US History - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 12, 2010 at 6:09pm
11. Think about when women and African-Americans were allowed to vote.
15 and 16. Right
US History - mysterychicken, Friday, November 12, 2010 at 6:15pm
I read the wikipedia article twice, but it still doesn't answer the question...
US History - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 12, 2010 at 6:17pm
"a pioneer of the Beat Generation. Kerouac is recognized for his spontaneous method of writing covering topics such as jazz, promiscuity, Buddhism, drugs, poverty, and travel. His writings have inspired other writers"
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History - Although settlers valued democracy, they often? A. rejected controls ...
- history - please check Jack Kerouac, author of On the Road, was the a. ...
- civics - In 1866, the Republican-dominated Congress wanted to make sure that ex-...
- Government - *= my answer 1. _____ is closely related to _____. a.)Absolutism,...
- US History - 14. New France was shaped mainly by a. raising cash crops b. the ...
- Government Check - 1.)What is the defining right of a representative democracy? ...
- Government - A(n) _________________________ differs from a direct democracy in ...
- government - A(n) _________________________ differs from a direct democracy in ...
- us history - Which answer best expresses a political reason why some Americans ...
- history - 1. Which of the following is necessary to propose a new amendment to ...