posted by mysterychicken on .
11. Although settlers valued democracy, they often
a. rejected controls over government
b. elected weak legislatures
c. disregarded the rights of minorities
d. failed to vote
12. Jack Kerouac, the author of On The Road, was the
a. pediatrician who urged mothers to stay at home with their young children
b. spiritual leader of the beatniks
c. evangelist who led religious crusades all across the country
d. sociologist who first described the "silent generation"
Umm I know it's not A and C, but I think it's D? Even though I'm not sure if he was a sociologist.
15. By the time NAWSA was formed in 1980, women could
a. vote in local elections
b. vote for President
c. buy and sell property
d. run for national political office
16. All of the following New Deal Agencies still endure today except the
a. Tennessee Valley Authority
b. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
c. Civilian Conservation Corps
d. Securities and Exchange Commission
11. Think about when women and African-Americans were allowed to vote.
15 and 16. Right
I read the wikipedia article twice, but it still doesn't answer the question...
"a pioneer of the Beat Generation. Kerouac is recognized for his spontaneous method of writing covering topics such as jazz, promiscuity, Buddhism, drugs, poverty, and travel. His writings have inspired other writers"