Posted by mysterychicken on Friday, November 12, 2010 at 5:28pm.
5. When a government lifted price controls after the war, prices
a. remained about the same
b. rose faster than wages
c. fell to prewar levels
d. required government support
Can't decide between A and B...
6. Which of the following contributed to the cattle ranching bust?
b. cattle thieves
c. competition from Mexican ranchers
d. invention of barbed wire
7. One example of the shift in attitudes brought by the women's movement was a significant change in
a. racial discrimination
b. men's treatment of women
c. women's career goals
d. homemaking tasks
8. What did the Office of Price Administration issue to consumers for buying scarce items?
a. home-front coins
b. credit cards
c. ration books of coupons
d. special armbands
9. During the war, entrepreneurs like Robert Woodruff prospered by
a. agreeing to refrain from lockouts
b. creating new markets for their products
c. rejecting the "cost-plus" system
d. organizing the Office of War Mobilization
- US History - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 12, 2010 at 5:38pm
5. I think it's B.
8. C. I remember ration books.
9. Correct. He stated that he wanted the military personnel to be able to buy Coke any where in the world for a nickel.
- US History - bobpursley, Friday, November 12, 2010 at 5:40pm
5b, 6 if you are speaking of the 1887 winter, the bust was caused by harsh winter, overgrazing, and a few other factors.
7, 8 both c.
9b,if you are speaking of WWI. He sold to the government a design for a truck that only his company could produce.
- US History - mysterychicken, Friday, November 12, 2010 at 6:01pm
Thank you, both of you!
- US History - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 12, 2010 at 6:10pm
You're welcome. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- history - when a government lifted price controls after the war, prices a. ...
- history - When a government lifted price controls after the war, prices a. ...
- american history - Please check :) 1. How did the pattern of european ...
- Economics - The market demand and supply curves for an agricultural product are ...
- microeconmics - hi guys, im stuck on this question, if anyone can help me out i ...
- US history - True False The divorce rate in America declined in the 1920s. false...
- Economics - 9. During the 1990's the inflation and unemployment trends in the ...
- Economics - In the late 1970s, oil prices were expected to increase dramatically...
- U.S. History (Ms. Sue) - 1. How did mobilizing the economy help end the ...
- MICROECONOMICS - This is really long but i really need help!! THX In 1973, there...