Posted by A on Friday, November 12, 2010 at 11:25am.
Hi, I would like someone to explain to me the process to get to the answer of these questions. (The answers are in the back of the book, but I don't understand how to get them myself):
Warren has 40 coins (all nickels, dimes, and quarters) worth $4.05. He has 7 more nickels than dimes. How many quarters does Warren have?
Find and simplify the sum of a^2(ab^3)^2, b^2(a^2b^2)^2
("^2" means "exponent of two" or "to the second power")
Find and simplify the sum of
a(-ab^2)^3 + (2a^2b^3)^2
Find and simplify the product of
a(-ab^2)^3 x (2a^2b^3)^2
Show that 16^x times (4^x)^2 = (2^x)^8
I would really, really appreciate any help for any of the questions. I am trying so hard but I just don't get it!
- Algebra I - PsyDAG, Friday, November 12, 2010 at 11:48am
1. Are you sure that is all the data you have? I can't solve without some relationship with quarters.
N = D + 7
25Q + 10D + 5N = 405
25Q + 10D + 5(D+7) = 405
2. (ab^3)^2 = a^2(b^6), assuming that only the b term is cubed. Power to a power is simplified by multiplying.
That should help you with the other problems too.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics- please explain - Why is the following situation impossible? A librarian...
- General - Please understand that I am not upset with anyone or whatever I just ...
- pre algebra help - 9. how you would convert the repeating, non terminating ...
- to kill a mockingbird - which details help the reaer understand that the jail ...
- question on a book assignment - hey everyone...i have to do this assignment for ...
- Just a message(please read) - First of all I would like to thank everyone for ...
- Latin - Can someone help me to understand the step by step process of the five ...
- math - Is it possible to set up a time to do a live chat with a tutor here? like...
- Physics-momentum/impluse - hi well i have two questions i don't understand how ...
- physics- TEST TMRW PLS HELP! - Why is the following situation impossible? A ...