Posted by mysterychicken on Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 4:38pm.
Need help answering these:
5. In their 1994 Contract with America, Republicans pledged to
a. renew the "Star Wars" initiative
b. end federal welfare spending entirely
c. balance the budget
d. increase taxes
6. Several of the important decisions of the Supreme Court under Chief Justice Earl Warren focused on
a. protecting the constitutional rights of citizens accused of crimes
b. declaring Great Society legislation unconstitutional
c. continuing segregation policies in American public schools
d. medical care for the poor and the elderly
11. What effect did the Bakke decision have on affirmative action?
a. It legalized racial quotas for administration to medical schools
b. It encouraged African Americans to apply to medical schools
c. It signaled the start of a backlash against affirmative action
d. It ruled out consideration of race as a factor in administration decisions
12. To which groups did George Wallace target his campaign?
a. southerners and blue-collar voters
b. Republicans and left-leaning Democrats
c. campus radicals and antiwar forces
d. professors and editorial writers
US History - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 4:53pm
5. Republicans never want to raise taxes. Check this site.
6. Justice Warren was a liberal. It's not the court's function to determine medical care for the poor and elderly. Which of the two remaining answers do you think is right?
16. Which group was in sympathy with George Wallace's strong stand for segregation?
US History - mysterychicken, Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 5:24pm
Still don't know the answer to #5-6 but 12 is A?
US History - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 5:32pm
5. Read the site carefully, and then tell us what you think.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- history - I need help on these questions. I'd really appreciate if Ms. Sue ...
- history - please check these 1. in 1992, Carol Moseley-Braun became the first ...
- Economics - Which combination of fiscal policy actions would be most ...
- economics - Which combination of fiscal policy actions would be most stimulative...
- Social Studies - What does this graph suggest about the costs and benefits of ...
- Social Studies - How did republican control of south carolina affect the state? ...
- History - 4. What Reagan policy resulted in an increase in the federal budget ...
- macroeconomics - which combinations of fiscal policy actions would most likely ...
- Macroeconomics - Suppose the government starts with a balanced budget. Then, ...
- world history - What practice was key to the success of the Mughals in ruling ...