Posted by Cassie on Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 3:34pm.
1. Which of the following is not a tissue type?
A. Epithelial tissue
B. Connective tissue
C. Plasma tissue (my answer)
D. Nerve tissue
2. Within the body, the _______ cavity houses the lungs.
A. thoracic (my answer)
3. Which set of terms can be substituted for superior/inferior?
A. Superficial/deep (my answer)
4. Suppose that a new medical specialty has emerged: gerontogastroenteroepidemiology. Based upon your
knowledge of roots, select the definition that best defines this new specialty.
A. Study of epidemics that strike the aged
B. Study of stomach and intestinal disorders that strike the aged
C. Study of stomach and intestinal epidemics that strike the aged
D. Study of the epidermis in the stomach and intestines of the aged(my answer is B)
5. The nervous system that controls respiration is called autonomic because it
A. is not subject to voluntary control. C. conducts impulses.
B. uses nerves of the body. D. deals with the exchange of gases. (my answr is a)
6. Which is a combining form, not a prefix or a suffix?
A. OPSY C. PATHO
B. CENTESIS D. RETRO (my answer is D)
7. The correct order for analyzing the parts of medical terms is
A. prefix, root, suffix. C. root, suffix, prefix.
B. suffix, root, prefix. D. suffix, prefix, root.(my answer is B)
8. Which of the following is the prefix meaning “excessive, above”?
A. -HYPO C. -HYPER
B. HYPO- D. HYPER- (my answer is D)
9. A _______ plane divides the body into anterior and posterior portions.
A. cross-sectional C. sagittal
B. transverse D. coronal(not sure)
10. Which of the following does not belong with a list of organelles?
A. Endoplasmic reticulum C. Centrioles
B. Mitochondria D. Zygomatics (my answer is D)
11. The terms ac, al, ary, and ic are all
A. pseudosuffixes formed from roots.
B. prefixes that function as prepositions.
C. noun suffixes indicating procedures.
D. adjective suffixes meaning “pertaining to.”(not sure about this one)
12. Your little toe is _______ to your torso.
A. medial C. lateral
B. proximal D. superior(not sure about this one)
13. A karyotype is a picture of
A. a cell. C. organelles.
B. chromosomes. D. cytoplasm. (my answer is B)
14. Which three-letter medical abbreviation stands for something you won’t find in the body?
A. CNS C. RNA
B. DNA D. NRC (my answer is A)
15. The protein- and antibody-rich milk a mother secretes after giving birth is called _______.
A. colostrum C. gravid
B. estrus D. parturition(not sure)
16. Which of the following is the correct term for diseases that are transmittable from animals to humans?
A. zoonosis C. leptospirosis
B. brucellosis D. cystitis(not sure)
17. All of the following except _______ refer to the female womb.
A. METR/O C. UTER/O
B. HYSTER/O D. PELVIC/O(my answer is B)
18. Which description is inconsistent with the anatomical position?
A. Body standing upright C. Palms and toes turned forward
B. Arms extended D. Face directed straight ahead (not sure)
19. Which would be the ending of a term indicating the surgical removal of a body part?
A. “Ectomy” C. “Itis”
B. “Osis” D. “Cision” (my answer is D)
20. The meaning of analysis is
A. a separating into parts. C. to dissect.
B. a cutting apart. D. absence of whole(my answer is A)
- Introduction to vet terminology - SraJMcGin, Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 5:46pm
Here are some Vet terminology dictionaries:
- Introduction to vet terminology - Amanda, Monday, August 22, 2011 at 1:21pm
These are the answers to your questions
I just took the test and got a 100%
- Introduction to vet terminology - Cheat much?, Monday, March 26, 2012 at 11:20pm
Answer this Question
Pre-Vet - I am doing a research paper for my pre vet class but I cant think of a...
Pre-Vet - I'm doing a report on shark and ray behavior for my pre-vet class and ...
Introduction to Medical Terminology - If a patient is lying on his back, face ...
Health - My dog all of a sudden has a small bright red lump on her front left ...
Any Veternarian here that I can interview? - I am doing a career report on the ...
bryant stratton - provide a detail descripition and definition of medical ...
Dog - My dog just got out of a surgery where they went into his back and took ...
health - In the field of health care administration, why is it important that ...
Medical Terminology - What are two example of how knowing medical terminology ...
medical terminology - Anyone know anything about medical terminology? I need a ...