Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, November 9, 2010 at 11:31am.
An alloy is made by using copper and zinc in the ratio of 17:3 how much zinc is used to make 4kg of the alloy?
maths - Henry, Wednesday, November 10, 2010 at 6:10pm
zinc = 3x kg,
copper = 17x kg,
3x + 17x = 4.0 kg,
20x = 4,
x = 4 / 20 = 0.20,
3x = 3 * 0.20 = 0.6 kg = zinc required.
maths - saleh, Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 4:26pm
Maths - Ayush, Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 4:39am
let weight of zinc and copper=3x and 17x respectively.
17x + 3x=4000grams
therefore, zinc required=(200*3)grams=600 grams=0.6 kg.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - The ratio of zinc and copper in an alloy is seven ratio nine if weight ...
- Math - An alloy is made up of 25% copper, 30% iron an rest being zinc. Find the ...
- Algebra - One alloy of brass is 70% copper and 30% zinc. Another alloy of brass ...
- Math - There are two alloys consisting of zinc, copper and tin. The first alloy ...
- math - The ratio of zinc and copper in an alloy is 7:9. if the weight of copper ...
- Algebra - solve linear equation-an alloy of metal is 25% copper. Another alloy ...
- 8th grade - An alloy of metals is 25% copper .Another alloy is 50% copper. How ...
- math - An alloy of metals is 25% copper. Another alloy is 50% copper. How much ...
- math - an alloy is formed by mixing 4.5g copper and 2.8g zinc.how much alloy of ...
- math - an alloy of metals is 20% copper. another alloy is 50% copper.how much of...