Posted by Disha on Monday, November 8, 2010 at 7:03pm.
*I NEED THESE IN ALGEBRAIC EXPRESSIONS!
1.) The larger of two numbers is 1 less than 3 times the smaller. Their sum is 63. Find the numbers.
2.) Find two numbers whose sum is 92, if the first is 4 more than 7 times the second.
3.) The sum of two numbers is 172. The first is 8 less than 5 times the second. Find the first number.
4.)Together, a necklace and a bracelet cost $192. Find the price of each if the necklace costs 3 times as much as the bracelet.
5.) Grandpa's age is 6 years less than 6 times Junior's age. The sum of their ages is 78. Find each of their ages.
6.) The first of two films laster 3 minutes less than then twice as long as the second. Together the two films laster 132 minutes. How long was the first film?
- 8th Grade Math - Henry, Monday, November 8, 2010 at 10:23pm
1. 2nd number = x,
1st number = (3x - 1).
x + (3x - 1) = 63,
4x -1 = 63,
4x = 64,
x = 16.
2. 2nd number = x,
1st number = (7x + 4),
x + (7x + 4) = 92,
8x + 4 = 92,
8x = 92 - 4,
8x = 88,
x = 11.
The remaining problems are similar.
Answer this Question
- Math 8th grade - I NEED THESE IN ALGEBRAIC EXPRESSION!! The larger of two sums ...
- Math - Can someone please help me write this statement out in formula form. ...
- Reiny! Reiny! Reiny! Answer Check and HW Help! - Translate to a system of ...
- algebra - the larger of two numbers is 1 more than twice the smaller.the sum of ...
- Algebra - One number is 6 more than another. If the sum of the smaller number ...
- Math - the larger of the two numbers is 8 more than twice the smaller. The sum ...
- algebra - the larger of two numbers is 5 less than 8 times the smaller. their ...
- math - Given two numbers whose sum is 56. Six times the larger is 72 more than 5...
- math - four times the larger number of two numbers is equal to seven times the ...
- Math(Algebra) - How would you set this problem up and work it: The difference ...