Posted by Anonymous on Monday, November 8, 2010 at 5:34pm.
how to classify sentence and finding the complete subject and complete predicate?
- 3rd grade - Writeacher, Monday, November 8, 2010 at 5:52pm
Finding subjects and verbs:
Once you have found the main subject and main verb for each sentence, you should be able to tell which words go with the subject (that will tell you what the complete subject is) and which words go with the verb (that will tell you what the complete predicate is). With most sentences (but not all), you can draw a line in front of the main verb; then the complete subject is in front of that line, and the complete predicate is after that line.
Jane / saw the ball game.
My Aunt Sally / went shopping yesterday.
There are two different ways to classify sentences. Which one do you need to know about?
- 3rd grade - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 8, 2010 at 5:54pm
Study these sites.
- 3rd grade - Erin, Monday, November 8, 2010 at 6:37pm
ask your self
Who is this sentence about??
I really want to go to the park.
Who wants to go to the park?
Everything else in the sentence.
Hope this helps!!!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Identify the CAPITALIZED portion of the sentences below. 18. MY FRIEND...
- Grammar and Composition - 1. Christina and Christopher worked together and ...
- Grammar and Composition - please check these: 1. Traveling down the road of life...
- 4th grade Language Arts - Find the complete subject. I put the complete subject ...
- Language Arts - I have trouble finding the complete subject simple subject ...
- Grammer - How would describe this sentence? The First Level. A sentence ...
- Complete predicates and subjects - Complete subjects and predicates - Bailey, ...
- Need help, 3 questions - 19. Most readers will wait patiently for the next book ...
- Grammer - How would you describe this? Are called"species of special concern. A ...
- english - what is a complete subject , a simple subject, complete predicate and ...