Posted by Jewels on Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 11:41pm.
I need help... I don't need the answer just how I would figure this out.
Identify the hypotenuse of the triangle by giving its letter.
It is a triangle with the left and bottom lines of the triangle as a right angle. The longest line of the triangle is the top.
q, p, and r
q and p are a part of the right angle side. r is the longest part.
I am having trouble starting this problem and figuring it out.
AS I SAID, PLEASE NO ANSWERS. JUST HOW WOULD I SOLVE IT.
Math - Jessica, Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 11:47pm
To find the hypotenuse you need to know the pythagorean theorem where a^2 + b^2 = c^2. Here a and b are the sides of the triangle that make the right angle and c is the hypotenuse. If you plug it in to that equation you should have your answer.
Math - Jen, Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 11:47pm
The hypotenuse is always the longest side and across from the right angle. So which letter does that match up with?
Math - Jewels, Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 11:48pm
OOOOO OKAY so R is the longest side making R the hypotenuse
Math - Jen, Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 11:49pm
Math - Jewels, Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 11:56pm
Thank you... I was under the intention that I had to find something from it being a 90 degree angle lol. It has been awhile since I took geometry. Not too long but still a great refresher. :D
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - 1. What is the remainder when 2^190 is divided by 5? How do I approach ...
- geometry - Theres a right triangle. its hypotenuse is 30. There is a line in the...
- Math - Each triangle is a 30-60-90 triangle, and the hypotenuse of one triangle ...
- Math - Geometry - Two right triangles are touching at the tips. The left ...
- 6th grade math Variables and ratios - I need help I don't know where to start ...
- math-triangles - finding the hypotenuse for triangles with only one measure of 7...
- Math - 1) Which expression represents the perimeter of the triangle drawn below...
- Math(Geometry) - In the diagram below(no diagram but details will be provided), ...
- Algebra 2 Honors - Hi, I'd like some help with one of the questions on my math ...
- Math - If I know all 3 angles of a right triangle and the hypotenuse how do I ...