Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 2:22pm.
A pushes with force of 300 N at 25 degrees. B pushes with force of 275 N at 160 degrees. C pushes with force of 325 N at 300 degrees. Find resultant force.
physics - bobpursley, Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 2:31pm
Here is a general solution:
Resultant= 300Cos25i + 300Sin25j+275Cos160i+275Sin160j+ 325Cos300i + 325Sin300j
where i is the axis angles are measured from.
Do the math above, then resultant force is the remainder.
physics - Henry, Tuesday, November 9, 2010 at 4:33pm
F1 = 300 N @ 25 deg., F2 = 275 N @ 160
deg, F3 = 325 N @ 300 deg.
X = hor.=300cos25+275cos160+325cos300,
X = hor.= 271.9 + (- 258.4) + 162.5,
X = hor.= 176 N.
Y=ver.=300sin25 + 275sin160+ 325sin300
Y = ver. = 126.8 + 94.1 + (-281.5),
Y = ver. = -60.6 N.
tanA = Y/X = -60.6 / 176 = -0.3443,
A = -19.0 deg. = 341 deg. CCW.
R = X / cos341 = 176 / cos341 = 186.1 N @ 341 deg. = Resultant.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - A pushes with force of 300 N at 25 degrees. B pushes with force of 275...
- Physics - Three men are trying to move a wardrobe. One pushes northward with a ...
- Physics - Two movers push horizontally on a refrigerator. One pushes due north ...
- physics - Could anyone help me set up this equation? I drew my force body ...
- PHYSICS. HELP! - I've been stuck on this physics homework since I got home. I ...
- physics - A 16000 kg sailboat experiences an eastward force of 17700 N due to ...
- Physics - Two people push on a crate. Person 1 pushes in the positive X ...
- physics - A person pushes a 16.5-kg shopping cart at a constant velocity for a ...
- physics - A person pushes a 20.1-kg shopping cart at a constant velocity for a ...
- physics - A person pushes a 24.7-kg shopping cart at a constant velocity for a ...