Posted by John on Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 7:20pm.
Lots of folks these days believe that CO2 emissions generated by human actions --- notably production of goods and services --- are causing climate change, more specifically, global warming. For the sake of dialectic discussion, let's suppose that claim is correct.
If it is true that production of goods and services via voluntary exchange is generating the world's largest and most significant negative externality, does it follow that government must therefore regulate CO2 emissions?
In a brief essay, argue yes or no, based on economic thinking and logical analysis
ECONOMICS PLEASE PLEASE HELP!! - Ms. Sue, Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 7:28pm
I believe government should regulate carbon dioxide emissions.
Check these sites for arguments on both sides of the question.
ECONOMICS PLEASE PLEASE HELP!! - John, Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 7:38pm
but is it desirable economically??
ECONOMICS PLEASE PLEASE HELP!! - Ms. Sue, Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 7:41pm
It depends upon your time frame. Right now it may not be economical. But looking toward the future, it's definitely economical, considering the problems we face if we permit CO2 emmissions to continue.
ECONOMICS PLEASE PLEASE HELP!! - John, Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 8:00pm
what woould be the back up reasons to why its not econoomically desirable?
ECONOMICS PLEASE PLEASE HELP!! - Ms. Sue, Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 8:01pm
Check the websites I posted above.
ECONOMICS PLEASE PLEASE HELP!! - John, Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 8:04pm
it doesnt tell me anything about economically
ECONOMICS PLEASE PLEASE HELP!! - Erin, Sunday, November 7, 2010 at 12:01am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Climate Change - In a Business 'As usual senario,' global CO2 emissions reach 64...
- science & politics - does anywhere in the universal declaration of human rights ...
- Science Please Help - Human activities, like burning fossil fuels and ...
- Science - Can someone please help me please thank you. Climate change is an ...
- Chemistry - carbon dioxide (CO2) is the gas mainly responsible for global ...
- Economics - I'm writing an essay on what I think is the most important issue ...
- Hybrid - How to reduce global warming? One effect of global warming?one affect ...
- Economy - The conversion of resources into consumer goods or services is called...
- Environmental Science - 29. A common feature of thermal pollution and artificial...
- biology - How does carbon dioxide emissions from factories, cars and trucks ...