Posted by Tiffany on Friday, November 5, 2010 at 6:07am.
find the sum of 1/2, 2/7x, and 5/x
- Alg & Trig 2 - Gray, Friday, November 5, 2010 at 1:31pm
Find the least common denominator by multiplying the prime factors, 7 and 2, and x to get 14x. Multiply each fraction by 7x, 2, and 14 respectively so that they share the denominator 14x. Add the numerators to get (7x+74)/14x. Simplify 7x/14x to 1/2 and 74/14x to 37/7x to get (1/2) + (37/7x)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Alg & Trig 2 - find the sum of 1/2, 2/7x, and 5/x
- ALG 2 - Find the sum of the geometric series given.....(if their is no sum......
- ALG 2 - 27 + 9 + 3... Find the sum of the geometric series given
- Alg/2 Trig - Given the functions f(x)=-x^2+7 and g(x)=3x+4 find f(g(-5)) Write ...
- Adv. Alg/Trig - How would you solve tan(-335) without using a calculator? I got ...
- alg/trig - 9/x + 9/x-2= 12
- alg and trig - 6x^3-5x^2+15x+5 / 2x^2-x+3
- Alg. II/Trig - If m and n are real numbers, i^2=-1, and (m-n)-4i=7+ni, what is ...
- adv.alg/trig - Square root of 300
- math ALG 2! - Find three consecutive integers such that the sum of the second ...