Posted by REALLY NEED HELP!!!! on Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 5:12pm.
Can someone help me out here with these two problem? I have know idea where to start.
1)The equation: 10(x-1)(x-2)(x-3)=1,
has three real solutions a<b<c
a=____, b=___ , and c=___.
Enter your answers with at least six correct digits beyond the decimal point.
Hint: Ask what the solutions are if the right hand side is 0 instead of 1, and use Newton's Method.
2) Find the smallest positive value of which satisfies -- x=4.100cos(2.800x)
Give the answer to four places of accuracy._________
Remember to calculate the trig functions in radian mode.
- Math: Calculus - MathMate, Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 5:21pm
Mr. Pursley has answered both questions.
If you had read the links, you would be able to come up with preliminary, if not final answers.
If you encounter difficulties, post in detail what they are.
- Math: Calculus - MathMate, Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 6:15pm
I'll give you a headstart.
Rewrite the equation in the form:
Start with an approximation, say x0=1.
Repeat until the desired accuracy is obtained:
Notice that the number of accurate figures of the solution doubles with every iteration.
Try the method with the given problems and post if you have difficulties.
Answer this Question
- Math: Calculus - The equation: 10(x-1)(x-2)(x-3)=1, has three real solutions a&...
- math - Find the missing numbers to complete the patterns. Some are arithmetic ...
- science - freezing and thawing cycle that causes potholes in roads and breaks in...
- math [geometry honors] - i really need help solving these problems since the ...
- math - Use the following missing pieces to complete the runaway math puzzle. 2 6...
- calculus - Leave any unneeded answer spaces blank. [Hint: use synthetic division...
- spanish - Usa la forma presente de ESTAR con el participio pasado del verbo ...
- Linear equations - I am not good at equations I need to complete this chart for ...
- macroeconomics - 27. The following data show nominal GDP and the appropriate ...
- math - Show how to make one addend the next ten number. complete the new ...