Posted by samantha on Wednesday, November 3, 2010 at 11:25pm.
a parallegram has a height of 4 meters and sides of 5 meters and 7 meters. What is its area in square meters?
- 5th grade - paul, Wednesday, November 3, 2010 at 11:59pm
ok so your parallegram looks like this
so you know that the bottom line has 2 more meters then the top so what you do is you cut that off from the shape and think of it as a 5x4 rectangle
4 [ ] 4[ \
[ ] [__\
4x5=20 4x2=8 8/2=4
find the answer to that equation then take your leftover triangle whitch is 2x4 because its the leftover 2 from the bottom line then multiply 2x4 then divide by 2 because its a tryangle then add up both equations and you have your answer
- 5th grade - paul, Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 12:00am
sorry that didint work well
- 5th grade geometry - PsyDAG, Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 1:24pm
Indicate your subject in the "School Subject" box, so those with expertise in the area will respond to the question.
If your figure has "sides" of two different lengths (5 & 7), it is a trapezoid rather than a parallelogram.
Answer this Question
- math - if there is a height of 4 meters and sides of 5 meters and 7 meters"what ...
- math - A square pyramid has a slant height of 13 meters and a height of 12 ...
- Geometry - Can you check these multiple choice questions thanks. 1. What is the ...
- math - find the area of a rectangle that is 4 meters by 8 meters. A-12 SQUARE ...
- Math - A rectangular prism has a length of 100 cm, a height of 10 cm and a ...
- Geometry - A rectangle has an area of 6 square meters. What will be the area of...
- Math - A local naturalist says that a triangular area on the north side of a ...
- algebra - The formula for the height of a fallinis shown below, where h is the ...
- Math - Whatis the surface area of the right square pyramid in square meters? ...
- math - What is the lateral area of a pyramid whose base is a square with sides ...