Posted by Amy on Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 7:31pm.
1. George W. Bush has called for an expansion in the role of __ in administering federal social programs
a. colleges and universities
b. big business
c. state gov't
d. federal bureaucrats
e. religious organizations
2. Polling data suggest Americans __ the administration of social services by faith- based organizations
a. know little or nothing
b. have no distinct opinions regarding
c. are somewhat opposed to
d. are slightly in favor of
e. are strongly supportive of
3. Which of the following opinions for rescuing social security is especially popular with younger voters?
a. retirement age be raised to 85
retirement benefits be increased.
c. social security taxes be lowered
d. the program be privatized
e. citizens be allowed to invest some portion of social security taxes in mutual funds
4. In Zelman v. Simmons- harris, the supreme court ruled school voucher programs are constitutional so long as
a. there is true private choice
b. school officials are supportive of applicants
c. students are not segregated on teh basis of gender
d. teachers are educated in secular colleges and universities
e. textbooks are purchased by private/ individual funds
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Civics - How would you categorize the obligations and services of state and ...
- AE.. is this right - Identify the roles district, state, and federal government ...
- government LSN - HOW DO republicans and Democratic politicians differ on ...
- American government - A shift toward cooperative federalism was evidenced by ...
- American Constitutional Law - Which of the following best describes the ...
- American Constitution Law - Which of the following best describes the ...
- government - A shift towaard cooperative federalism was evidenced by President ...
- Social Studies - Which two of the following are examples of Spanish influence on...
- American Government - Does it matter if the Federal government or the state ...
- government - what are the finical role of state, local, and federal government ...