Posted by Ali on Monday, November 1, 2010 at 10:43am.
An earthquake registers 6.1 on the richter scale. What is the rating on an earthquake twice as powerful?
I know: M=I/Io
Then what do you do?
Richter scale question - Writeacher, Monday, November 1, 2010 at 10:53am
Is the epicenter in the desert? In the mountains? In a city? Is it a strike-slip, normal, or thrust type of earthquake?
Lots of different factors.
Richter scale question - Ali, Monday, November 1, 2010 at 10:58am
I was not given any information regarding these factors, I wrote out the question I was given
Richter scale question - Writeacher, Monday, November 1, 2010 at 11:16am
Be sure you read (and reread and reread, if necessary) the first paragraph in that first link I gave you above.
Read carefully and apply...
Richter scale question - Ali, Monday, November 1, 2010 at 11:23am
I'm sorry, I'm still confused.
Is it something like log(2) 6.1??
Richter scale question - bobpursley, Monday, November 1, 2010 at 11:28am
Add log 2 to 6.1
math - calvin, Friday, October 21, 2011 at 6:49pm
A seismograph 300 km from the epicenter of an earthquake recorded a maximum amplitude of 5.9 102 µm. Find this earthquake's magnitude on the Richter scale. (Round your answer to the nearest tenth.)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - An earthquake was recorded which was 1584893 times more powerful than a ...
- Math (PreCalculus) - An earthquake was recorded which was 1584893 times more ...
- math30 - The 1933 earthquake in Japan registered 8.9 on the Richter scale. a.The...
- math - What is the magnitude on the Richter Scale of an earthquake measuring 3.7...
- Algebra 2 - PLEASE HELP-DUE APRIL 5TH, 2011!!!! EARTHQUAKES an earthquake rated ...
- Math - Logrithmetic Problem question Last week there was an earthquake that ...
- PreCalc - An earthquake measuring 6.4 on the Richter scale struck Japan in July ...
- maths - The magnitude of an earthquake with intensity I is measured using a ...
- Math Exponetial Function Problem Question? - Im confused if im doing this right ...
- Math - Im wondering for this question if I'm right and going toward the right ...