Posted by Maurice D on Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 8:32pm.
I work for a large company. My boss was fired and I get promoted. I must do a power point to address a customer issue. A client was promised 10,000 bolt cups to use in their new truck engines. The parts were received for us to manufacture, but they were flawed. It took 2 months for us to get them. We have 1 month to complete and ship to the client. We can get the new parts recreated and shipped for free, but it will take 6 weeks.
We paid $3.25 ea. plus $1,500 shipping. Our manufacturing cost was $6.28, we are selling them to our client for $8.13, plus $900.00 shipping. How would I do a power point on this?
College English - bobpursley, Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 8:41pm
Whatever happened to telling the truth?
You can't deliver on time, nor
your cost: 32500+1500=34000 paid
total cost; 96800 or 9.68 each
can you deliver with making money.
Frankly, I would consult the client. Can they live with the delivery date? If you have a contract, I would stick to the price and eat the costs, if that customer's future business is valuable.
College English - Maurice D, Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 8:49pm
Thanks for the information.
In the power point presentation that I must deliver to my class, I cannot raise the cost to the customer, yet the company must make a profit. The scenario must be realistic in today's market. I must justify accounting issues such as delays. The presentation must be 10-15 minutes.
College English - bobpursley, Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 8:59pm
Ok, I see. My question remains, what ever happened to telling the truth. So go through the class, get the degree, then after graduation, start thinking about that question. Spin is not truth.
College English - Writeacher, Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 9:08pm
I agree with Bob. I wonder why an English class would have you do a PPT, not a business letter or a paper or a speech. I wonder why the assignment seems to be encouraging you to be unethical.
College English - Maurice D, Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 10:09pm
Thanks Writeacher for responding. Several students expressed the same question.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- FInance - Assignment 2: Lease vs. Buy Your employer, Barnaby Well Company, is ...
- BUSINESS RESEARCH - A data processing analyst for a research company finds that ...
- math - The U-Drive Rent-A-Truck company plans to spend $8 million on 280 ...
- Finance - SDF Company wants to raise $20,000,000 through issuing preferred stock...
- Ethics & Enterprise - Can someone help me with this assignment? Complete the ...
- marketing - Please check this to see if I am on the right track. Thanks for your...
- Math - A company purchases a new delivery truck for $20,000 the truck is ...
- mathj - Baker Company purchases a new delivery truck for $20,000. The truck is ...
- acct - Business is going well for Email Designers. The board of directors of ...
- Business English - Which is an effective strategy for ending an informative ...