Posted by sh on Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 5:46am.
I have trouble finding the second derivative, my answer is a little off from the answer key.
for the f"(x), is g(x)=xln2? It is a product so I think it should be dealt with differently, but I am unclear on that.
Calculus - Reiny, Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 8:05am
in your f ''(x) you forgot to differentiate the log2x part , and in the second part when you differentiate xln2 you simply get ln2.
Remember ln2 is just a number so xln2 is (ln2)x , a simple term like 6x.
f ''(x) = [20(log(base2)x)³(1/(xln2)(xln2)-(ln2))(5(log(base2)x)^4)]/[x²(ln2)²]
Now doesn't the xln2 at the top and bottom of the first section cancel?
check my arithmetic, too early in the morning
Calculus - sh, Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 2:45pm
I have the same thing now, thanks! I thought I had to use product rule for xln2, but there's no variable in ln2, so it is accounted for a constant?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - Find the second derivative of the following function: y=log(base2)x/x...
- Precalculus-Verify - log(base2)x-log(base2)6= log(base2)5+ 2log(base2)3 log(x/6...
- Algebra - In the logarithmic expression . . . log(base 4) 8 , how does the base ...
- Algebra 2 - How would I solve the equation: log(base2)4 - log(base2)(x+3) = log(...
- math - Given that 2 log base2 (x+15) - log base2 x = 6 1.Show that x^2 -34x +225...
- Algebra 2 - solve the equation: log(base2)^(x-3)log(base2)^5 = 2log(base2)^10 I ...
- Math 12 - 7. Simplify. b) log base2 20 + log base3 8 + log base2 3 + log base3 4...
- Math - Evaluate log(base2)8-log(base2)12+log(base2)6
- Pre-Cal - log base2 5 square root of 512 use the definition of b^1/n log base2 ...
- Advanced Functions/ Precalculus Log - 1. Evaluate 4^(log base4 64) + 10^(log100...