Posted by Shaun10 on Friday, October 29, 2010 at 9:39pm.
Please check these answers:
2) Creon declares that anarchists are behind the burial of Polyneices. What dramatic irony lies in the declaration?
a)The audience knows that it is the Sentry who buried him.
b)The audience knows that it is a priest who buried him.
c)The audience knows that Creon secretly suspects Antigone but can't accuse her because she is Haimon's fiancée.
d)The audience knows that Antigone has buried him for religious, not political, reasons.
6) Which of the following events did not take place?
a)Teiresias blames Creon for causing his birds to behave strangely.
b)After Creon fails to save Antigone, he buries Polyneices.
c)In the Paean, the Chorus implores Dionysos to heal Thebes.
d)The messenger announces Haimon's suicide.
7) Cassius's character can best be described as
9) Shakespeare uses Calphurnia to build suspense about what will happen in all of the following ways except
a)urging Caesar not to go to the Senate.
b)recounting all the disturbing omens.
c)suggesting that Caesar pretend he is ill.
d)relating that she dreamt Caesar was assassinated.
10) Caesar's dying words express surprise at seeing which person among the assassins?
11) After the conspirators kill Caesar, they bathe their hands and swords in Caesar's blood. These actions foreshadow
a)the blood of the conspirators being spilled.
b)hunters killing brave harts.
d)the conspirator's murder of Cinna the poet.
12) What happens to Portia?
a)An emissary of Antony's poisons her.
b)She is silenced when she tries to warn Brutus about Cassius.
c)She appears to Brutus to say that she will see him at Philippi.
d)She takes her own life.
13) In his treatment of Cassius, Brutus is characterized as
a)arrogant and condescending.
b)cynical and punishing.
c)carefree and fun-loving.
d)righteous but forgiving.
14) Cassius and Brutus argue over where they should do battle with the triumvirate's troops. How is this conflict resolved?
a)Cassius and Brutus agree to wait at Sardis for Antony's troops.
b)As a gesture of friendship, Brutus decides to follow Cassius's plan.
c)Not wanting further disagreement, Cassius embraces Brutus's plan.
d)After initially opposing the plan to go to Philippi, Brutus agrees.
15) When Cassius asks Pindarus to report what he sees, Pindarus states that Titinius has been captured. Why is this event an example of irony?
a)At this point the audience knows that Titinius has not been captured.
b)Cassius says he cannot see well, but the strong-sighted Pindarus misinterprets what he sees.
c)Pindarus lies so that Cassius will kill himself and so leave Pindarus a free man.
d)Antony's troops are not capturing Titinius, but are cheering for him.
English - Antigone & Caesar - Writeacher, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 10:04pm
You'll need to use these sites to check on the questions about Julius Caesar:
English - Antigone & Caesar - Shaun10, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 10:41pm
Writeacher, can you tell me which two are correct?
English - Antigone & Caesar - Writeacher, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 10:47pm
#2 is correct -- D.
#6 is incorrect.
English - Antigone & Caesar - Shaun10, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 11:01pm
Oh got it!
Is the answer for 6 A?
English - Antigone & Caesar - Writeacher, Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 8:58am
For #6, B is correct.
Creon punished and eventually killed Antigone BECAUSE she had given her brother burial rites. B makes no sense at all in this play.
English - Antigone & Caesar - Shaun10, Monday, November 1, 2010 at 8:45am
English - Antigone & Caesar - Tori Jimenez, Monday, March 19, 2012 at 11:33am
for number 6 is the asnwer B? You said it was b, but then you said B makes no sense at all...
English - Antigone & Caesar - tp_2014, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 2:26pm
It's not suppose to make sense, because the question is which event did NOT take place. So, yes, the answer is B. B did not take place.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english 4 - Creon declares that anarchists are behind the burial of Polyneices. ...
- english - creon declares that anarchists are behind the burial of Polyneices. ...
- Antigone - Are these correct?- 1.Creon declares the anarchists are behind the ...
- English - Creon declares that anarchists are behind the burial of Polyneices. ...
- English - Caesar & Antigone - Can you check these questions? 1) Which is an ...
- English 2 - 1. Which is an example of verbal irony as spoken by Antigone? a. "...
- antigone - In Ode 2 to what does the Chorus compare Antigone? a. a cresting wave...
- English - What is an example of dramatic irony in Hard Times? I think the answer...
- antigone - Which of the following events did not take place? a. Teiresias blames...
- Antigone - Write a paragraph or two in which you argue whether Antigone did the ...