Posted by Ron on Friday, October 29, 2010 at 9:24pm.
I need to know if I have found the errors for an assignment. Thanks!
I put the corrections in parenthesis.
Comparative forms of superlative adjectives:
Since 1995, the third week in April has been TV-Turnoff week. A not-for-profit group in Washington, D.C., came up with the most interestingest (interesting) idea. Studies show that the averagest (average) person watches four hours of TV a day. The TV-Turnoff people say sitting in front of the boob tube is worst than just about anything else. It is terrible for your physical health, and it is more terrible (terrible) for your social relationships. But it is most terriblest (terrible) for your mind. There are many more better (better) things to do. For instance, put on those dusty tennis shoes and ride that more dustier (dusty) bike. Bake cookies with your kids. That would be most enjoyable than watching re-runs and certainly not watching TV.
- Com 155 - Writeacher, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 9:30pm
Are you clear on what comparatives and superlatives are??
- Com 155 - Ron, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 9:40pm
yes, large, larger, largest...I need your help to see if I found the inncorrect adjectives. If they are wrong can you help me? Please...
- Com 155 - Writeacher, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 9:58pm
There is no such thing as a comparative form of a superlative adjective!!
These passages need correcting:
~~is worst than just about anything else
~~That would be most enjoyable than watching
I'm not sure what you think the final phrasing should be here:
~~it is more terrible (terrible)
I hope you plan to delete the word "more" in both places here:
~~more better (better) things to do. For instance, put on those dusty tennis shoes and ride that more dustier (dusty) bike
- Com 155 - Ron, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 10:18pm
Thanks...I missed the worst instead of worse and I realize the stike out of more didn't show up in both places. I typed terrible 2x..however should it be... This would be more enjoyable than watching
- Com 155 - Writeacher, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 10:52pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- com 155 - Underline the Adjectives and Bold the Adverbs in these sentences: 1. ...
- com 155 - 1. Adjectives describe _______________ and ________________ . 2. ...
- Com/155 - The comparative and superlative of dustier
- english - Need help trying to disquinguish between superlative & comparative ...
- english - In the below sentence, what type of adjective or adverb is more ...
- COM/155 - My assignment is to write a television show review. I am to Bold ...
- English - I just want to see if these are correct. Orig.1.He was sad to leave. (...
- com 155 - my assignment is: Use at least five adverbs and five adjectives to ...
- Math - Insert parenthesis in each expression to make a true equation. A) 5-2*6-4...
- English - Like adjectives, adverbs with one syllable form the ____ by adding -er...