Posted by franklin on Friday, October 29, 2010 at 8:51pm.
Use the five steps for problem solving to answer the following question. Please show all of your work.
The average of two quiz scores is 81. If one quiz score is six more than the other quiz score, what are the two quiz scores?
- algebra - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 8:55pm
Denise or Franklin -- please do not change screen names on this forum
What are the five steps for problem solving?
- algebra - franklin, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 8:57pm
familiarize, translate, carry out, check and state
- algebra - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 8:59pm
I showed you how to do the first three steps in your last post.
Now it's your turn. I'll be glad to check your answer.
- algebra - franklin, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 9:03pm
ok give me a second or longer, thanks
- algebra - franklin, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 9:29pm
n + n + n + 6 = 81 * 2
3n + 6 = 162 - 6
3n = 156
this isn't right what am I doing wrong?
- algebra - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 9:35pm
To start, you have 3n -- but you only have 2 test scores.
Your answer of 78 is correct for the first score. Add 6 to it for the other score.
78 + 84 = 162
162/2 = 81
Answer this Question
- algebra - please translate “A student scored five points more on the second quiz...
- math - Tim wants his mean (average) quiz score in history class to be 90. His ...
- Statistic - There are two independent multiple-choice quizzes where quiz 1 has ...
- statistic and probability - There are two independent multiple-choice quizzes ...
- Math - An instructor gives regular 20-point quizzes and 100-point exams in a ...
- Java programming - â€“ One Dimensional Array Consider this example problem: You ...
- Math - I have this question for summer homework: "Mary's quiz scores were 92, 85...
- Math - A multiple choice quiz contains five question. Each question has four ...
- Math - Jillian must average at least 90 on two quiz scores before she can move ...
- college - use the five steps for problem solving. the average of two test scores...