Posted by khela on Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 10:01pm.
find the lim (cos x-1)/ (sin 2x)
- maths - Reiny, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 10:10pm
can you use L'Hopital's rule?
lim (cos x-1)/ (sin 2x)
= lim (-sinx)/(2cos 2x) as x ---> 0
= 0/2 = 0
- maths - khela, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 10:11pm
no u cant
- maths - Reiny, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 10:20pm
some common trig limits you should have come across:
lim( (sinx)/x ) as x --> 0 = 1
lim( x/sinx ) as x --> 0 = 1
lim( (cosx - 1)/x) as x -- 0 = 0
so lets rewrite the question as
lim[ ((cos x-1)/x) * x(2sinxcosx) ]
= lim( (cosx - 1)/x) * lim (x/sinx) * lim (1/2cosx)
= 0(1)(1/2) = 0
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - yes! tnk u ok? It's actually (x->0.) Find the limit of cot(x)-csc(...
- TRIG! - Posted by hayden on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 4:05pm. sin^6 x + cos^6...
- tigonometry - expres the following as sums and differences of sines or cosines ...
- Mathematics - Trigonometric Identities - Let y represent theta Prove: 1 + 1/tan^...
- Calculus 12th grade (double check my work please) - 1.)Find dy/dx when y= Ln (...
- algebra - Can someone please help me do this problem? That would be great! ...
- Calculus L'Hopital Rule - lim x->0 (x)sin(x)/1-cos(x). They both go to 0 so 0...
- Limit Calculas - Evaluate lim->4 sin(2y)/tan(5y) Here is what I have so far. ...
- calculus - using the squeeze theorem, find the limit as x->0 of x*e^[8sin(1/x...
- calculus - Evaluate lim->4 sin(2y)/tan(5y) Here is what I have so far. I am ...