Posted by sam on Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 4:45pm.
nicole has $2.20 in nickels and quarters. she has 16 coins all together. how many of each does she have?
chris has $3.20 in dimes and quarters. he has 17 all together. how many of each does he have?
- algebra - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 4:47pm
It's not necessary to change names on this forum. It's obvious that these four questions were posted by one person.
- algebra - sam, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 4:50pm
yeah i know i didnt think you would answer all of thes questions. can you help me w/ at least 2 please. i need to know the steps then i can do the other problems
- algebra - Reiny, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 4:55pm
Your last four money questions are the same type
If will do one, then you try the others.
let the number of nickels be x
then the number of quarters is 16-x
5x + 25(16-x) = 220
5x + 400 - 25x = 220
-20x = -180
x = 9
so 9 nickels and 7 quarters
check: 9 nickels and 7 quarters = 16 coins
value: 9x5 = 7x25 = 220
- algebra - sam, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 5:37pm
where is the 25 and 5x from?
- algebra - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 5:43pm
25 = 25 cents = 1 quarter
5 = 5 cents = 1 nickel
- algebra - LISA, Monday, May 18, 2015 at 8:21pm
PAM AND PAT HAVE $20 ALTOGETHER PAM HAS $4 MORE THAN PAT HOW MUCH MONEY DOES PAM HAS$
Answer this Question
- ALgebra - sam has $3.50 in dimes and quarters. he has 23 quarters all together. ...
- math - Jo has 37 coins (all nickels, dimes and quarters) worth $5.50. She has 4 ...
- Math - Ruthie has 10 coins, all either nickels, dimes, or quarters. She has N ...
- College Algebra - A coin jar contains nickels, dimes and quarters. There are 46 ...
- algebra - How do I figure out this problem? You have 37 coins (all nickels , ...
- algebra - A collection of nickels, dimes, and quarters amounts to $9.50. If ...
- Algebra - Solve the problem using matrices. John has a jarful of quarters and ...
- Algebra I - lauren has 40 coins all together, all dimes, nickles, and quarters ...
- algebra - Please help....struggling with word problems and please explain how to...
- word problem money - you have $ 1.55 in dimes and quarters. find all the ...