Posted by pat on Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 8:59am.
can you draw an isosceles triangle that ia not equilateral?
draw me sclene triangle ?
please !draw me so ,i will get today for my preview .thanks!!!
5th math - bobpursley, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 9:02am
isosceles: Try 10,10,2 . That is not equalateral.
sclene: Sides unequal. 5, 6, 7
5th math - jai, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 9:08am
you just have to measure the lengths of the sides of the triangle you want to draw. for instance, if isosceles, choose the length of the two sides which must be equal (any length, like 3 cm or 5 cm) using your ruler, then the length of the last side must be different from the first one you chose.
*remember isosceles = only 2 lengths equal, the last length is different
scalene triangle = the lengths of the three sides are NOT equal ; they have different lengths
for instance, if scalene, choose three different lengths, for instance 2, 3 and 4 cm
so there,, hope this helps~ :)
to jai - Writeacher, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 9:28am
We would appreciate it if you would discontinue the "so there" at the end of your posts. It's flippant and could be interpreted as sarcastic -- definitely NOT appropriate when working with younger students.
Thank you so much.
5th math - jai, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 10:01am
i'm very sorry, mr. Writeacher!
i didn't know that, because i'm also a student.
i promise not to do it again.
5th math - Writeacher, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 10:33am
We know your answers are very good, and we hope you'll continue posting good explanations, especially for younger students.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - Let ABC be any triangle. Equilateral triangles BCX, ACY, and BAZ are ...
- geometry - Draw an equilateral triangle ABC with side length 4cm to scale and ...
- Precalc/Triangles - Draw and solve any triangles satisfying alpha = 29 degrees a...
- Math - Can someone please check to see if I answered these true and false ...
- Vectors and matrices - A triangle T has a vortices (3,-1),(5,-1) and (5,-4).draw...
- MATHS-geometry - how do you draw an obtuse angle triangle, construct the ...
- Geometry - Can anybody help me with this word problem? A homeowner, who loves ...
- trigonometry - draw a triangle that maps their route. label the lengths and ...
- Math-CHECK PLEASE - Which of the statements is ALWAYS TRUE? A-A right triangle ...
- maths - DRAW LOCUS OF POINT SO THAT IT IS EQUIDISTANT FROM BC & CA . ... ...