Posted by Rose on Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 8:24am.
Square root of x is the equation.
reflected over y axis
square root of negitive x+5)-7
negitive square root of x+5)-7
square root of x-5)-7
square root of x+5)+7
IM not getting any of these HELP!!!
- math - Reiny, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 8:47am
Why don't you sketch the curves as they transform
f(x) = √x , for x ≥ 0
f(x) = √x - 7 , for x≥ 0
reflected over y - axis:
f(x) = -√x - 7
move left five:
f(x) = -√(x + 5) - 7
- math - Rose, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 5:31pm
okay but I thought when it was traslated over the yaxis that the negitive went insixde the (-) not ouside like so -()
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Pre Calc!!!!!!!!!! test tom!! - Square root of x is the equation. Translate: ...
- Algebra - Use the quadratic formula to solve the equation. Give exact answers: ...
- Math simplifying mixed radicals - Please help me simplify these following mixed ...
- Algebra - Rationalize each expression by building perfect nth root factors for ...
- algebra - Which shows the expressions in the order they would appear on a number...
- Calculus - A rectangle is bounded by the x axis and the semicircle = square root...
- Math ~CHECK MY ANSWER~ - 1) Which of these is a rational number? a. Pi b. Square...
- Math ~CHECK MY ANSWERS~ - 1) Which of these is a rational number? a. Pi b. ...
- Math simplifying mixed radicals - Please help me simplify these following mixed...
- Math - Just need some help... Directions: Multiply or raise to the power as ...