Posted by K.C on Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 12:43am.
Evaluate the difference quotient
A.) f(x)= 3x -1
so far i have done this
f(x+h) = 3(x+h)-1
b.) f(x)=2X^2 + 3X
i have done this f(x+h)= 2(x+h)+3(x+h)
im not sure if my answers are right.. just need some advice if they are wrong and explain what i did wrong
math(Pre-Calculus) - K.C, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 12:46am
i just noticed i forgot to divide by h and forgot the -f(x):ooooooo but still can anyone post the answers so i know if im doing this right or wrong
math(Pre-Calculus) - jai, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 12:47am
is that really F(x)= (x+h)-f(x) or F(x)= f(x+h)-f(x) ? *the f(x+h)*
A.) that's right. f(x+h) = 3(x+h)- 1
B.) you forgot to raise 2(x+h).. by 2.
math(Pre-Calculus) - K.C, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 12:55am
also for the -f(x) in the different quotient i think i also forgot to insert 3x-1 and 2x^2+3x into my equation.... anyone
math(Pre-Calculus) - jai, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 1:01am
-f(x) means you just have to multiply every term by -1, like for (A)
-(3x-1) = -3x + 1
try it to letter (B). :)
then substitute the answers you get into the F(x).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - Let f(x)=1/x. Compute the difference quotient for f(x) at x=1 with h=...
- Pre-Calculus - Using the difference quotient to find M-sec for h=0.5 at x=1. f(...
- Pre-Calculus - Using the difference quotient find M-sec for h=0.5 at x=1. f(x)=...
- PRE CALC - Which combination of limit properties is required to evaluate this ...
- Pre-Calculus - Is the difference of quotient of f(x) = -3x² -x equal to -3h - 6x...
- Calculus 1 - Evaluate the difference quotient for the given function. Simplify ...
- Calculus AP - i wanna KNOW IF im DOING RIGHT. Evaluate the difference quotient ...
- pre calc - I have a few problems from my homework that I am having trouble with...
- pre-calculus - Also with calculator, graph f(x), and determine all the possible ...
- Algebra difference quotient - I am doing difference quotient. I am to write the ...