Posted by pat on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:16pm.
write the nmber that has
6 in the ones place,
a digit in the hundred-thousands place the is half the digit in the ones,the smallest odd digit in the thousands place,
4 in the tenths place
1 in all other places -,---,---.--?
- 5 th grade math - jai, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:42pm
*half of 6 is 3 (hundred thousands place)
*smallest odd digit is 1 (thousands place)
how many digits? is it up to million? if yes, it's:
1 , 3 1 1 , 1 1 6 . 4 1
- 5 th grade math - pat, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:51pm
5,608 to the nearest ten
38.17 to the nearest tenth
827.42 to the nearest tenth
826.07 to the nearest whole number
thank you !!this work will help me with my test next week.
- 5 th grade math - jai, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:58pm
to do this, first you have to know the places of each digit, for instance:
5 is thousands place
6 is hundreds place
0 is tens place, and
8 is ones place
since in the question, round to nearest ten (which is 0), you look at the digit at the right (that is the ones place),, then check:
if number at the right (ones place) is greater than or equal to 5, then the number in the tens place will be added by 1:
*8 is greater than or equal to 5, thus it's:
however if number at the right is less than 5, then the number will not change.
now, try the other questions, and let me see your work. :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - (1A) Write the 11-digit number that has a 2 in the ones place,1 in the ...
- math - It is 7 digit even number.There is no repetition of digits. The digit 5 ...
- math - *The number has 8 digits, none of the digits are the same. *It is evenly ...
- math - The number has 8 digits none of the digits are the same 2. It is enemy ...
- math - it is a 6 digit number. there is no repetition of digits. It is ...
- Math mystery number - This number has 7 digits The digit in the ten thousands ...
- Math - 7 digit number no repetition of numbers digit 5 in thousands place, ...
- mystery number math please help - This number has 7 digits The digit in the ten ...
- math - t is a 7-digit even number.there is no repetition of digits.the digit 5 ...
- Math - It is a 6 digit number the least digit is in the thousands place. The ...