Posted by Courtney on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:00pm.
a cylinder has a radius of 3cm and a length of 10cm every dimention of the cylinder is multiplied by 3 to form a new cylinder how is the ratio of the volumes related the ratio of corresponding dimensions? how would i do this?
- Math 8th grade algerbra - jai, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:09pm
Volume of cylinder = area of the base * height , or
V = pi*(r^2)*h
V,original = pi*(3^2)(10)
*you solve for this.
then for the new one,
r,new = 3*3 = 9
h,new = 3*10 = 30
V, new = pi*(9^2)(30)
you solve also for this.
then compare their volumes, find:
so there,, hope this helps~ :)
- Math 8th grade algerbra - Courtney, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:10pm
- Math 8th grade algerbra - Courtney, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:17pm
is the answer 27?
- Math 8th grade algerbra - jai, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:35pm
yes,, (V,new)/V = 27,,
and ration of dimensions is 3 (because it is tripled according to problem)
now, how is 27 related to 3?
- Math 8th grade pre algerbra - Anonymous, Friday, October 29, 2010 at 7:27pm
- Math 8th grade algerbra - Christine, Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 11:40am
How is the ratio of the volumes related to the ratio of corresponding dimensions?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math: Geometry - The circumference of the base of a cylinder is 16 cm. The ...
- 8th grade - 2 cylinders are proportional the smaller cylinder has a radius of 4 ...
- Algebra 1 - The radius of a cylinder is 3x-2cm. The height of the cylinder is x+...
- Math - A metal solid cylinder of radius 6 cm and length 12 cm is ,melted and ...
- 11th Grade-Calc - cylindrical can is to be made from a rectangular piece of ...
- calculus - A potter forms a piece of clay into a cylinder. As he rolls it, the ...
- Precalculus - How do you setup the equation for this? Thanky ou! Find the ratio ...
- physics - A solid steel cylinder is standing (on one of its ends) vertically on ...
- Geometry Help & Proofs - The ratio of the volume of Cylinder A to the volume of ...
- Algebra 1 - A cylinder has a radius of 5 in. If the volme of the cylinder is ...