Posted by Jim on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 10:16pm.
I have to write 4 sentences using an adverb and 4 using a preposition. Could you please check? I will list the adverbs first.
1.I'm sure he let the dog come in last night.
2.We watched the balloons floating far above our heads.
3.The bus drove past the people waiting at the bus stop.
4.Don't turn that log over so quickly!
1.The goats are in the far pasture.
2.You might have to wade across the creek to find the trail again.
3.Meet me outside the front door after you've finished shopping.
4.If the gate won't open, you'll have to climb over the fence.
- English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 10:28pm
I think they are right, although you haven't indicated which words are adverbs and which are prepositions.
- English - Jim, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 10:38pm
- English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 10:44pm
Two of your adverbs are actually prepositions.
The rest are correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I have to identify the word in () as either adverb or preposition and ...
- English - 1. We watched TV for two hours. 2. We watched TV at night/ at the shop...
- English - How can i write 5 sentences on the topic education using a noun, ...
- 6th grade grammar - Put brackets [ ] around the adverb in each of the following...
- English - What is the adverb in these sentences? I got the answer, but can you ...
- English - What is the dependent clause in these sentences and are they nouns, ...
- com155 - Describe your experience with credit and credit cards in a brief ...
- English (parts of speech) - 1)Few comic strip are really comical 2)Few attended ...
- English - 1. Write the names of the four parts of an English letter using the ...
- English - Could you please check if the following sentences are possible? Thank ...