Posted by Shamira on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 6:49pm.
simplify the following expression
Write the property that justifies each step.
- math - jai, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 8:26pm
i interpreted this into two ways. first,
distribute 4 to each term inside the parenthesis (you multiply 4 to each):
x + 4y + 32x
then add similar terms (terms containing same variable):
33x + 4y
use FOIL method:
F-first terms in both parenthesis will be multiplied, (x and y)
O-outer terms in both parenthesis will be multiplied, (x and 8x)
I-inner terms in both parenthesis will be multiplied, (4 and y)
L-last terms in both parenthesis will be multiplied, (4 and 8x),, then add them all.
xy + 8x^2 + 4y + 32x
so there,, :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre Algebra - simplify the following expression x+4(y+8x) Write the property ...
- math - Write an algebraic expression that requires each of the following ...
- Math Pre-Algebra - Simplify the Expression(-8/15)+(1/15). Show how to simplify ...
- Acc Algebra 2 - 1. Name the property that Justifies each step in the ...
- Algebra - 1. Use the Distributive Property to simplify the expression. (-1)(4-c...
- MATH HELP - 1)What is the simplified form of the following expression? 2x^2y+3x^...
- math - Solve the linear equation: x+x+2+x+4+x+6=-28. State the property that ...
- math - if you simplify the expression 3x+4(x-2)-3x into the expression 3x+ 4x -8...
- Math. idk? - 6. Name the like terms in the following expression. 5m + 4 + 3m + ...
- math - So what I have to do is say which property justifies each step, this is ...