Read carefully and take good notes. Then get started drawing!
There are "6 Principles of" Design and there are 6 Elements "of Art". So I don't know which one your teacher is referring to. Message me on Facebook "Autumn Martino" and I will provide you with quick sketch ideas for each one.
"The 6 Principles of DESIGN":
Principles of Design
The ways in which the Elements of Art are organized are referred to as the Principles of Design.
1. Rhythm and Movement - the visual flow through a work of art, incorporating repetition
2. Balance - symmetry and asymmetry
3. Proportion - large next to small
4. Variety - the use of different or contrasting elements to add interest
5. Emphasis - used to make something stand out, like dark next to light
6. Unity - how all the aspects of a work of art work together
"The 6 Elements of ART":
Elements of Art
The elements of art are the building blocks of an artistic creation, a "visual language" or "visual alphabet" used by the artist.
1. Line - a continuous mark made on a surface
2. Shape - two-dimensional (circle, square, rectangle, triangle) and encloses space
3. Form - three-dimensional and encloses and takes up space
4. Color - that which is perceived when light hits and reflects off an object. Three properties of color are Hue (name of a color), Intensity (strength of a color) and Value (lightness or darkness of a color)
5. Texture - the surface quality or feel of an object
6. Space - the illusion of space is created through light and shadow
The Elements of Art and Principles of Design
By John W. Healy
Answer this Question
Art Project - I have to do an art project for my art class and I am having ...
Art Help! - When creating an artist portfolio to demonstrate your individual art...
7th Grade Art - 1. This is the process of gathering facts and information from ...
ART ( please help) - i have been working one this paper for a few days and i ...
7th grade art help Ms. Sue please! - 1. This is the process of gathering facts ...
Gr. 3 - I need help finding the main idea for my son's reading book. The title ...
art history - without useing a museum art become a investigative journalist ...
Art - Art to inspire hope is called A.spiritual art. B.watercolor art. C....
Art - Which exhibit would be the least likely choice for a museum s specializing...
Art - I have a project and in my instructions it states: * Have a broad area of ...