I have to Draw 4 examples of the 6 principles of art. I have no idea what she is asking me to do. I can make dots all day but I don;t think this is what she is asking!!!! Help plzzzz.
6 principals of art - Writeacher, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 2:04pm
Read carefully and take good notes. Then get started drawing!
6 principals of art - Autumn, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 10:41pm
There are "6 Principles of" Design and there are 6 Elements "of Art". So I don't know which one your teacher is referring to. Message me on Facebook "Autumn Martino" and I will provide you with quick sketch ideas for each one.
"The 6 Principles of DESIGN":
Principles of Design
The ways in which the Elements of Art are organized are referred to as the Principles of Design.
1. Rhythm and Movement - the visual flow through a work of art, incorporating repetition
2. Balance - symmetry and asymmetry
3. Proportion - large next to small
4. Variety - the use of different or contrasting elements to add interest
5. Emphasis - used to make something stand out, like dark next to light
6. Unity - how all the aspects of a work of art work together
"The 6 Elements of ART":
Elements of Art
The elements of art are the building blocks of an artistic creation, a "visual language" or "visual alphabet" used by the artist.
1. Line - a continuous mark made on a surface
2. Shape - two-dimensional (circle, square, rectangle, triangle) and encloses space
3. Form - three-dimensional and encloses and takes up space
4. Color - that which is perceived when light hits and reflects off an object. Three properties of color are Hue (name of a color), Intensity (strength of a color) and Value (lightness or darkness of a color)
5. Texture - the surface quality or feel of an object
6. Space - the illusion of space is created through light and shadow
The Elements of Art and Principles of Design
By John W. Healy