Posted by rfvv on .
1. Do you have anything to say about this?
2. Do you have to say anything about this?
(Are both grammatical and the same?)
3. We have many things to do.
4. We have many things that we have to do.
5. We have many things that we will do.
(If we pharphrase #3, can we get #4 or #5? Which one is more similar to #3, #4 or #5? Or do we have another better equivalent?)
1 and 2 are grammatical, yes, but they don't quite mean the same thing.
#1 is asking if you have anything to add to or answer about whatever "this" is.
#2 is asking if a person must add information to whatever the topic is.
#3 is the best phrasing. #s 4 and 5 are wordy repeats of #3.