Posted by Aly on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 3:54am.
The birth weight of childeren were 7 pounds 2 ounces, 6 pounds 10 ounces, 8 pounds 5 ounces, 7 pounds 9 ounces. Luis estiamted the total weight of the babies at birth was 30 pounds. Which best describes his estimate?
A. More than the actual weight because he rounded to the nearest ounce.
B. Less than the actual weight because he rounded to the nearest ounce.
C. Less than the actual wieght because he rounded to the nearest pound
D. More than the actual weight because he rounded to the nearest pound
- math - Aly, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 3:55am
haha nvm!! :)
- math - jai, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 3:56am
summing pounds: 7+6+8+7 = 28 pounds
summing ounces: 2+10+5+9 = 26 ounces
since 16 ounces = 1 pound,
26 ounces = 26/16 = 1.625 pounds
total wight = 28+1.625 = 29.625 pounds,,
therefore, 30 is greater than 29.625,
--> i think it's letter A
haha alright. :)
i just reposted in case you have not read~ :P
- math - michaella, Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 7:40pm
the average weight of a baby at birth is 7 pounds .how many ounces is this
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math correct or no? - The birth weights of 4 childeren were 7 pounds 2 ounces, 6...
- math % problem - At birth a baby weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces. Two days later the ...
- Math - 8 1/2 ounces of tuna is packed in a can which weighs 1 3/8 ounces. What ...
- math - A baby weighed eight pounds and three ounces at birth. If the baby ...
- algebra - a premature baby weighs only 3 pounds, 2 ounces at birth. After 16 ...
- Statistics - Suppose that the birth weight of newborn babies in the U.S is ...
- Statisitics:Standard Deviation of Population and o - Standard Deviation of ...
- Math/ Statistics - A consumer advocacy group claims that the mean amount of ...
- math - Holly ordered 2 pounds and 9 ounces of roast beef and 3 pounds and 9 ...
- math - Holly ordered 3 pounds and 11 ounces of roast beef and 4 pounds and 10 ...