Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 11:34pm.
Can you please check these sentences. I have to list the adverb then tell which word or words it modifies.
1.Yesterday I saw an exhibit of extremely rare books at the museum.
2.The paper in this old book is particularly fragile.
3.Old books must be handled quite carefully.
4.I usually learn something new from the displays.
5.Our librarian works hard to make the displays interesting.
6.Now she is reading reading both a new mystery and a book about Mount Everest.
English - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 2:45am
5. interesting is an adjective. the adverb is hard = work (answers the question how?)
6. now = reading (answers the question when)
Adverbs tell: when, where, why, how
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Adverb objects 2 Check please - 6.B 7.C 8.A 9.B 10.B 6.Which words make up the ...
- English - 12. Which of the following words is not an adverb? A. Deadly B. ...
- Grammar - Can someone correct my answers, please? I really need help! (...
- english - I have to identify the adverb and the word or words the adverb ...
- english - Could someone please check for me? I have to list the adverb and then ...
- English - I have to identify the prepositional phrase, the word it modifies, and...
- English - On the table lies a very hard old bookmark. 2.You should not fold any ...
- math - if 24 students went to a museum and only 1/6 saw the exhibit how mand saw...
- english - I have to identify the adverb, what is modifies, and identify if the ...
- Grammar (will you check the rest please) - FIND THE ADVERB AND THE WORD IT ...