3. A hypothesis is a testable statement.- T
4. Weight is a measure of the quantity of matter.- F
6. Potential energy is energy of motion.- F?
7. Liquids do not have a definite shape or volume.- F
8. The ability to burn is a chemical property.- T
10. Solutions are heterogeneous mixtures.- F?
11. An element cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical means.- F
16. Density is the mass of a substance per unit of volume.- T?
20. The amount of heat needed to raise the temperature of one gram of a substance 1degree C is specific heat.- T?
Chemistry - bobpursley, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 5:53pm
20. Actually, lawyer wise, it is false.
specific heat content is the amount of heat required to raise a specific mass a specific increase in temperature. That being said, its units can be
J/gC or kJ/kg-C or kJ/mole-C
But in your text, I bet it is true, joules per gram-C
Chemistry - mysterychicken, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 6:25pm
So 11 is T?