Posted by mysterychicken on Monday, October 25, 2010 at 4:45pm.
3. A hypothesis is a testable statement.- T
4. Weight is a measure of the quantity of matter.- F
6. Potential energy is energy of motion.- F?
7. Liquids do not have a definite shape or volume.- F
8. The ability to burn is a chemical property.- T
10. Solutions are heterogeneous mixtures.- F?
11. An element cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical means.- F
16. Density is the mass of a substance per unit of volume.- T?
20. The amount of heat needed to raise the temperature of one gram of a substance 1degree C is specific heat.- T?
- Chemistry - bobpursley, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 5:53pm
20. Actually, lawyer wise, it is false.
specific heat content is the amount of heat required to raise a specific mass a specific increase in temperature. That being said, its units can be
J/gC or kJ/kg-C or kJ/mole-C
But in your text, I bet it is true, joules per gram-C
- Chemistry - mysterychicken, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 6:25pm
So 11 is T?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - The statement "matter can be neither created nor destroyed by ...
- Physics - I need help with part b, c, and d please! A 45 g mass is attached to a...
- PHYSICS helppppp - A 0.2 kilogram baseball is thrown vertically downwards ...
- Science - 9. Which one of the following statements is characteristic of liquid ...
- science - 1. Identify the phase or phases of matter (solids, liquids, and gases...
- Science - 1. A ___ has a definite shape and a definite volume. (1 point) solid...
- chemistry - the state of matter that has neither definite shape nor definite ...
- Science (energy) - 1. What similarities do nuclear energy and chemical energy ...
- Science - Please Check my Work:pls check my work asap! 1. A ___ has a definite ...
- science --- pls check my work!!! - hi, pls check my work asap! 1. A ___ has a ...