Posted by mysterychicken on Monday, October 25, 2010 at 4:45pm.
3. A hypothesis is a testable statement.- T
4. Weight is a measure of the quantity of matter.- F
6. Potential energy is energy of motion.- F?
7. Liquids do not have a definite shape or volume.- F
8. The ability to burn is a chemical property.- T
10. Solutions are heterogeneous mixtures.- F?
11. An element cannot be broken down into simpler substances by ordinary chemical means.- F
16. Density is the mass of a substance per unit of volume.- T?
20. The amount of heat needed to raise the temperature of one gram of a substance 1degree C is specific heat.- T?
- Chemistry - bobpursley, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 5:53pm
20. Actually, lawyer wise, it is false.
specific heat content is the amount of heat required to raise a specific mass a specific increase in temperature. That being said, its units can be
J/gC or kJ/kg-C or kJ/mole-C
But in your text, I bet it is true, joules per gram-C
- Chemistry - mysterychicken, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 6:25pm
So 11 is T?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - The statement "matter can be neither created nor destroyed by ...
- Physics - I need help with part b, c, and d please! A 45 g mass is attached to a...
- PHYSICS helppppp - A 0.2 kilogram baseball is thrown vertically downwards ...
- Physics - please check: Which of the following energy forms is associated with ...
- physical science - describe your motio when you are on a swing in terms of ...
- science - 1.what similarities do nuclear energy and chemical energy share?pick ...
- Science - I would like to know does this statement makes a good hypothesis for ...
- Physics - I need help with b... I found that k=.750880 for part a but I can't ...
- Physics Urgent - A 3.2 kg block is hanging stationary from the end of a vertical...
- science(answer please) - please answer these 1.what similarities do nuclear ...