Posted by Jessica on Monday, October 25, 2010 at 2:29pm.
1) A 25mL sample of the .265M HCI solution from the previous question is
titrated with a solution of NaOH. 28.25mL of the NaOH solution is required
to titrate the HCl. Calculate the molarity of the NaOH solution.
2) A 1.12g sample of an unknown
monoprotic acid is titrated with 29.15mL of .315M NaOH. Calculate the molar mass of the acid.
3) A student dissolves a 1.18g aspirin tablet in water and titrates the
solution with a .265M NaOH. 22.05mL of NaOH are required to reach the
equivalence point. Calculate the percentage of acetylsalicylic acid in the tablet.
- College Chemistry - Anonymous, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 2:34pm
Wow,you are really wanting someone to do your homework for you. How many questions have you posted?!?!
- College Chemistry - anonymous , Monday, October 25, 2010 at 2:35pm
yea this is to help not do all your work for u
- College Chemistry - bobpursley, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 3:29pm
The titration equation
where Heqacid=1 for monoprotic acid, 2 for diprotic, and 3 for triprotic acid
Heqbase=1 for single OH, 2 for two OH, and 3 for three OH
- College Chemistry - Kaye, Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 10:31pm
for your first question: first get a balanced equation, then calculate moles of HCl from that, then use the equation to get moles of NaOH and you use given information to get M NaOH
- College Chemistry - Kaye, Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 10:32pm
for your third question try using the equation (mass of acid/mass of tablet)x 100
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ap chemistry - please explain titration problems. I'm a total noob at this and ...
- Chemistry - 25g of a sample of ferrous sulphate was dissolved in water ...
- Chemistry - Can someone please explain me how to do this problem? A 25mL ...
- AP Chemistry - An unknown amount of water is mixed with 350 mL of a 6 M ...
- College Chemistry - I need help with this question!! a sample of pure KHP ...
- CHEMISTRY - n unknown amount of water is mixed with 350 mL of a 6 M solution of ...
- AP Chemistry - An unknown amount of water is mixed with 350 mL of a 6 M solution...
- Chemistry - An antacid tablet weighing 1.462 grams was dissolbed in 25mL of 0....
- Chemistry - An antacid tablet weighing 1.462 grams was dissolbed in 25mL of 0.8M...
- Chemistry - a 15.00mL sample of NaOH was titrated to the stoichiometric point ...