Posted by Zel on Monday, October 25, 2010 at 1:24pm.
Find all critical numbers:
- calculus - Reiny, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 3:13pm
y = 2x*sqrt(3x^2+4) ?
critical number are
x and y intercepts, max/min points and points of inflection
for x-intercept, let y = 0
for y-intercept , let x = 0
for max/min , take first derivative, set equal to zero and solve for x. Sub back into original to get the matching y
for pts. of inflection, set second derivative to zero and solve for x
sub back into original to get the y
use product rule to find first derivative.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- calculus - 2x*sqrt(3x^2+4) Find all critical numbers:
- calculus - Please help!! *f(x)= x(x+6)^1/2 find two x intercepts. Then show that...
- Calculus - If y= (x^2+20)/(x-4) Find all critical Numbers. After get f' i got ...
- Calculus - How do you find the critical numbers and the end points of this ...
- Calculus - Find the critical numbers of the function g(t)=|5t-7| If you find g'(...
- Calculus I - Find the point on the curve y=x^2 closest to point (0,1) Here's ...
- calculus - Find all critical numbers: (x^2+12)(9-x^2)?
- calculus - Find all critical numbers: x^(1/3)-x^(-2/3)?
- help please! - f(x)=x+1/x Find all critical numbers. Find where the function is ...
- calculus - 9) Find all critical numbers of the function f(t)=9t^2/3+t^5/3