Posted by kiki83 on Monday, October 25, 2010 at 12:10am.
Hello I'm having some difficulities learning about the graphing, slopes, and equations, can you please help me with this:
The price of an amusement park ticket is greather than or equal to $29 The inquality is?
find the slope x+2y=4
B. or undefined
(1.)identify the y-intercept
y=1/4x (type the ordered pair)
2. y=4/3x+2 (the y intercept is?)
5.what is the y-intercept?
what is the x-intercept?
6. is -4 is a solution of the inequality?
Mat/116 Algebra - jai, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 12:42am
(a) first, represent the unknown with a variable,,
*let P = price of amusement park ticket
the sign of greater than is > ; greater than or equal to is > with underline (but here i will use >=):
P >= 29
(b) if you're given an equation and you need the slope, you must transform this equation into y = mx + b (this is called the slope-intercept form, because m=slope and b=y-intercept),, thus:
x + 2y = 4
2y = 4 - x
y = (-1/2)x + 2
thus, m = -1/2
(c) y = 1/4x -- already in the slope-intercept form [discussed in (b)]
thus, y-int = b = 0
(d) y=4/3x+2 ; thus, b = 2
(e) y=-10x+8 ; thus, b = 8
(f) y=-1/3x+2 ; thus, b = 2
-4y = 32 - 2x
y = (1/2)x - 8 ; thus b = -8
*to get x-intercept, let y = 0:
2x - 4(0) = 32
2x = 32
x = 16
(h) if it refers to (a), -4 is not a solution, since -4 is not greater than or equal to 29
so there,, :)
Mat/116 Algebra - kiki83, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 1:23am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Could someone please help me answer this question i am stuck! A Marketing...
- Math - The planning committee for the upcoming school play “Miss-terious” at ...
- algebra - Translation to an inequality. use the variable x. The price of an ...
- Algebra 1A - HELP!!! Translate to an inequality. Use the variable x. The price ...
- math/116 algebra - Application Practice Answer the following questions. If ...
- Algebra - When setting the price of admission tickets for the amusement park, ...
- math - a group of people pays $720 for admission tickets to an amusement park ...
- Algebra - College intro - I'm having trouble learning "Solving systems of ...
- Pre algebra - At the wintergrove amusement park you can purchase a season ...
- ALG2! WORD PROBLEM!very important!! - You are a student who plans to attend the ...