Posted by alex on Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 5:24pm.
A 100.0 mL portion of 0.250 M calium nitrate solution is mixed with 400.0 mL of .100M nitric acid solution. What is the final concentration of the nitrate ion?
BOB PURSLEY PLEASE EXPLAIN MORE THOROUGHLY HOW YOU GOT THE NITRATE ION TO BE .5M
chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 5:31pm
Well, you are right. The Ca(NO3)2 IS 0.25 M just as you said; however, the problem asks for NO3^- and since there are two moles NO3^- per 1 mole Ca(NO3)2, that makes the NO3^- just twice or 0.250 x 2 = 0.5 M and you took 100 mL of that so M x L = moles = 0.05 moles just like Bob P wrote.
chemistry - alex, Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 5:42pm
thank doctor bob pursley that's right i know who you are.
chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 5:54pm
No. I can guarantee you that Bob P and DrBob222 are NOT the same person. In fact, he and I live about 400 miles from each other. I just picked up your confusion over the nitrate ion because he wasn't on-line at the moment.
chemistry - alex, Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 6:03pm
o oops hahah thankss for answering my question!
chemistry - Chicka, Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 4:28pm
1)How many milliliters of 1.5 M NaOH will react completely with 448 mL of 0.600 M HCl?
NaOH (aq) + HCl (aq) ¨ NaCl (aq) + H2O (l)
2)What is the percent yield of the following reaction if 15 g H2O are obtained from the combustion of 18 g C2H6?
2 C2H6 (g) + 7 O2 (g) ¨ 4 CO2 (g) + 6 H2O (g)
3)What is the molarity of a solution in which 6.4 g HCl is dissolved in enough water to make 2.4 L solution?
4)How many atoms of H are there in 4.3 g CH4?
I REALLY NEED HELP SOLVING THESE CHEM PROBLEMS
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - A 100.0 mL portion of 0.250 M calium nitrate solution is mixed with ...
- Chemìstry - The following two solutions were combined and mixed well: 150.00 mL ...
- Chemistry - The following two solutions were combined and mixed well: 150.00 mL ...
- Chemistry - If you mix 50.0 mL of a 0.500 M solution of calcium nitrate with ...
- CHEMISTRY - a solution is made by diluting 175 mL of 0.238 M aluminum nitrate, ...
- Chemistry - The pH of a nitric acid solution is 1.2. What is the concentration ...
- chemistry - A mixture of 3.00 g of silver and copper metals was dissolved in ...
- chemistry - 20.0 mL of a 2.2 M lead (II) nitrate solution is mixed with 100.0 ...
- CHEMISTRY - Ion Concentrations 1.) A solution is prepared by dissolving 5.00 g ...
- Calabasas HS - A 46.2-mL, 0.568 M calcium nitrate [Ca(NO3)2] solution is mixed ...